Note 16Published by SMiante on Tue, 2012-09-25 08:25
GREETING FROM THE IAMP SECRETARIAT !
DEADLINE POSTPONED to 30 JUNE 2012
- Following the request by several member academies the deadline for Nominations to the IAMP Young Physician Leaders Programme 2012 has been postponed to 30 June 2012. For academies wishing to take advantage of this extension please follow this LINK to the Call for Nominations and nomination form.
- June 17th is the UN's Follow the link to read more.
- In the run up to the (20 - 22 June 2012 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) our sister organization IAP- global academy of science academies and has launched a statement on “Population and Consumption”. Please follow these links to read the and the
- In 2009, the Academy of Science of South Africa issued a consensus report on the " " in the country. Following this publication the S. African Minister of Health Aaron Motsaledi, has announced that that research funding is to be increased to 2% of the health budget over the next 10 years. One of the targets announced is to train 1000 PhDs over the next 10 years. For more information please see (SOUTH AFRICAN Journal of Science “Purposeful support for health research in South Africa. S Afr J Sci. 2012;108(5/6).
- We are still seeking photographs to people the new IAMP website. Member academies continue to send us updates on changes within the governance structure of member academies, and as much as possible we attempt to keep our website accurate. Please keep sending us notice of meetings, workshops and other events within the academies.